OnlineVideo.net is running an online video content contest for all of you video producers out there whom are creating original content that is creative and effective in reaching and informing users. The goal of the VIP (Video In Practice) contest is to reward companies who are harnessing the power on online video as part of their marketing strategy to promote and sell their products. I think this is a brilliant idea as I am both a huge proponent of online video and an online marketer so kudos to the StreamingMedia and OnlineVideo.net teams for coming up with the idea.
There are five categories that businesses can enter based on company size:
- Small business –fewer than 100 employees
- Large business- more than 100 employees
- Local products and services
- National products and services
- Nonprofit/Government/Educational/Other organizations
The first round of selections will be narrowed by the general public, then a panel of professional judges will select one winner per category which will be announced on June 13. Submissions will be accepted through May 2, voting on May 9 – 23, and finalists announced (top 3 per category) on May 24.
They’ve already got some slick videos collected, check out these small business submissions, here. To enter your videos you can upload from your computer, submit a URL or post to a third party site like YouTube then email the description and company name to onlinevideo (at) onlinevideo.net.
Winners will receive some impressive (and expensive) software to help them further their video production endeavors including:
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium ($1,699 value)
- Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro ($299 value)
- Sorenson Media Squeeze 7 ($799 value)
- Telestream Wirecast 4.0 ($449 value)
- Wowza Media Server ($995 value)
Get crackin people, this is a cool contest!